Dermaplaning in Rochester
Dermaplaning is a painless, highly effective cosmetic procedure for your skin. Our providers use a scalpel to scrap away the uppermost layers of your skin. Dermaplaning can help reduce the appearance of acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, dull skin and other skin imperfections by revealing smoother, newer, firmer, undamaged healthier skin.
Dermaplaning is a procedure that exfoliates the skin and removes that dead layer of skin and vellus hair, better known as “peach fuzz.” This treatment helps new skin to come to the surface, resulting in ultra-smooth, fresh, and brighter skin.
This procedure is recommended before most face treatments to help serums penetrate deeper into the skin. It’s like a turbo-charged exfoliator. Resulting in better outcomes.
- It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
- It can be performed frequently.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It can help significantly lighten post inflammatory scars from past acne.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
- The results might not be as long-lasting as other hair-removal methods, such as waxing, as the hair is not removed from the root.
- Results will differ depending on a client’s individual hair-growth cycle.
- Clients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation. Also, it is contraindicated for clients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.